Update problems

I have just taken over maintenance of a site which is running the Jupiter theme. It says that both WPBakery Visual Composer (Modified Version) (currently running 5.1.1) and Slider Revolution (currently running 5.4.2) need updating. However, if I try to do this I get failure messages.

Also, vc_hoverbox does not seem to work. On pages where this has been used, there are no images, just the vc_hoverbox script. I assumne this is associated with Visual Composer itself not having been updated.

I’d be grateful for any help on these issues…

Thanks.

Hello,

If you’re using Jupiter 6.1.4 version, you can update WPBakery plugin via Jupiter > Control Panel > Required Plugins.
As for the slider, its new version will be added in the next theme update.

Sorry for inconveniences.
Best regards,
Artbees Support.

When I try to do this, it tells me that the plugins are already at the latest versions, even though it also shows that WP Bakery Composer is at 5.1.1 (and that 5.4.8 is available) and that Slider Revolution is at 5.4.2 and that 5.4.7.2 is available.

Additionally, how can I tell what Jupiter version I am running?

Thanks.

John

Hello,

Please go to Appearance > Themes and click on “Theme Details” to check the theme version.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Artbees Support.

Hi Tatyana

Well, it is on 6.1.4, so any ideas on how I can update these plugins given the problems I mentioned in my last post?

Hello,

To update WPBakery plugin, go to Jupiter > Control Panel > Required Plugins and click “Update” button near it.
The update for Revolution Slider will be provided in the new theme version.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Artbees Support.

Yes, I know how to do it, but you’ll see from my earlier post that it tells me that the plugins are already at the latest versions, even though it also shows that WP Bakery Composer is at 5.1.1 (and that 5.4.8 is available) and that Slider Revolution is at 5.4.2 and that 5.4.7.2 is available.

Please help.

Hello,

Can you show a screenshot where you see the message that the plugins are updated?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Artbees Support.

Heer’s the one when I try to update WP Bakery. The message for Slider Revolution is the same.

Hello,

You shouldn’t update the plugin via Plugins section, you need go to Jupiter menu on the left side of your dashboard, click on Control Panel and select Required Plugins tab. If there is an update for a plugin, you’ll see “Update” button next to it.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Artbees Support.

I have been going to the Jupiter menu and trying to update in the way that you say.

I just showed you the screen grab of where it says the plugin is up to date, as you asked me to.

Buty the fact remains that the plugins are telling me they need updates.

Could you share the WP Login details??

You can message privately.

Sorry for asking but are you from Artbees?