Speed boost - disable unused shortcodes -> don't load any css/js you don't need

Hello everybody,

I am doing a lot of page speed optimizing and the worst thing about jupiter is that it loads every css and js of every shortcode inside.

Suggestion:
create an option so we can enable/disable every shortcode inside of jupiter theme.
Then only load the enabeled shortcodes css/js files and not ALL at once (like it is at the moment).

The massive plugin for VC does a very good job. There you can see how it could be done.

The result is a very lightweigt css and js file to load.

Another suggestion that goes the opposite way:

split the css and js of every shortcode into seperate files (each shortcode has its own css and js file) and only load the files of the shortcodes that will be used.

Gives a boost for sites using http/2 (number of requests don’t matter anymore) and caching plugins can still merge the files together if you are not on http/2

Best Regards,
Markus

i agree! i like the idea of markus

Absolutely agree 100%. I am surprised this isn’t a top priority already. At the moment there are far too many assets being loaded when they might not even be required. Just add more options to the current speed/ optimisation section. Whatever happened to the beta Google page load option that used to be there too?

I forgot to mention that it gives you an additional boost in googles new mobile first index if the loading of the page is very fast.

Please give this feature your vote! Many thanks…

I agree with your posts

I have found this to be a common problem with the Jupiter theme when building websites.

“W3 Total Cache” with the right settings can make a huge impact on this. Other than that, you may need pay for some premium plugins in order to get your site loading quicker until this is resolved by Artbees though.

Hopefully, this request gets more votes.

I have used several combinations of caching plugins already but my suggestion is reducing unused css/js to get smaller css and js files.
No matter which chaching plugin you use: the bloated css and js of jupiter is still there.

+1 for me - I would love to see optimization like this on my sites!

To be honest, I might be mistaken, but a whole lot of the Jupiter theme css and js files are “designed well enough” for the objective you tend to achieve, being the absence of “unnecessary site files”.

Sure, there might be some improvements that can be realised…

… but that is not the issue at hand nor the solution for the problem at hand.

The issue at hand is: WordPress…with a huge number of “fat” plugins that are not coded properly.

Consider WooCommerce as an example: all relevant site files (js/css/others) are loaded, from the main page already, irregardless of the question whether one uses Woo elements on the main page.

Is this bad? Yes and no.

Yes, it is bad… if and only if one does not use Woo elements on pages on which the concerning site files (js/css/others) are loaded.

No, it is not bad … even if one does not use Woo elements on the pages that load specific site files.

Why?

One important solution in the case of performance considerations is browser caching.

And from that perspective, it is highly recommended to (lazy) load scripts, css and others as soon as possible, which would be “as soon as the site is loaded”.

Simply because of the fact that browser caching makes any reloading of site files unnecessary.

Nevertheless, one sometimes wants to reduce the number of files loaded on a specific page.

And that can be easily done by tweaking the functions.php file (or, even better, a custom functions.php file, which is highly recommended).

One of the problems at hand can be hence be solved by browser caching.

However, that is not the best solution, any proper solution is a myriad of measures that contribute in a specific way to boost the performance of the site.

For instance, simply using Apache is a problem: one really wants a proxy like Nginx to serve static content directly and/or to cache specific dynamic data, rendered by php scripts.

In short, consider to use a proxy like Nginx.

In addition, consider to use a CDN whenever possible.

Cloudflare is a good solution, but Verizon or Akamai CDNs are to be preferred.

Finally, never forget that we are using Visual Composer, which brings a performance penalty.

In conclusion, there are many ways to solve a problem, but first pick the right problem!!!

The problem is not Jupiter, it is WordPress, it’s plugins and the design (i.e. coding) thereof.

Sure, Jupiter is not very lean, but it is not supposed to: if it would be intended to be lean, mean and very efficient, one would not even have all the conveniences of this excellent theme.

In essence, if one really wants to boost performance: stay far away from php, only use plain-old html (static) and never use Apache (but use Nginx as a light-weight web server).

But we cannot do so, meaning that we can only lighten the pain by aiming for caching and disabling some site files (js/css/others) every now and then on specific pages.

Kind regards…