Site crashes during theme update

Jupiter X is getting very frustrating. I’m literally afraid to update anything as every single time it crashes my site and I have to spend hours restoring stuff. Here is the result of going from JX 1.10 to 1.13 (yes, I skipped 1.11 and 1.12 after seeing problems folks reported here). Any ideas or suggestions on how to proceed?

Error Details

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 151 of the file /home//public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiterx/lib/api/image/functions.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Class ‘JupiterX_Control_Panel_Image_Sizes’ not found in /home//public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiterx/lib/api/image/functions.php:151
Stack trace:
#0 /home//public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiterx/lib/init.php(166): jupiterx_register_image_sizes()
#1 /home//public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): jupiterx_add_theme_support(’’)
#2 /home//public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#3 /home//public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /home//public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiterx/lib/init.php(296): do_action(‘jupiterx_init’)
#5 /home//public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiterx/functions.php(21): require_once(’/home//…’)
#6 /home//public_html/wp-settings.php(499): include(’/home//…’)
#7 /home//public_html/wp-config.php(91): require_once(’/home//…’)
#8 /home//public_html/wp-load.php(37): require_once(’/home//…’)

It’s happening because your Jupiter X Core plugin is not updated or activated. Please make sure your Jupiter X Core plugin is updated to the latest version and activated and the issue will be resolved. In case you don’t have access to your backend, you can access FTP and then rename jupiterx folder inside wp-content/themes/ to temporary disable the theme and be able to access the theme.

Regards

Thanks, Mohsen, I give it try and report back. It is little confusing as Jupiter X control panel -> updates says “ Please make sure to update Jupiter X theme first and then update Jupiter X Core plugin to prevent possible compatibility issues. ”

Updating theme and Jupiter X Core plugin at the same time did the trick. Thank you so much for your help.

Glad to hear that it helped :slight_smile:

Mohsen, what if the Jupiter X Core plugin won’t update without crashing the site? This is what I get when I try to update the one plugin:

I’m currently still using Jupiter version 1.10.0 but I’m honestly afraid to update to the latest given the issues others have experienced. I have spent hours trying to figure this out and can’t get past it without having to restore to an older back up.

Meanwhile, Elementor won’t load! :disappointed:

Use FTP to upload theme and JX Core plugin. After that upgrade everything else (i.e. plugins, Wordpress). That worked for me.

Phewwww! Issue solved. Jupiter X Core plugin wasn’t updating because I was running an old theme. I updated the theme, and then Jupiter X Core plugin and it was back. The Raven plugin update appeared to be restricting Elementor from loading, so once that was done, Elementor loaded as it should.

Glad to hear that it’s resolved :slight_smile: