Jupiter X - Not so good

Hi All,

I am quite annoyed at the new Jupiter X update.

They have ‘fixed’ something that was not broken. It’s now also 10 times harder to find anything and generally just a poooooooooor update. I don’t want to have to go into the editor just to change the logo…POOR, VERY POOR.

It was good whilst it lasted i guess. I will no buy any more Jupiter themes are this update is 10 steps backwards.

Regards,
J

You are entitled to your opinion but I strongly disagree.

Your example actually shows that you are just not accustomed to not only new Jupiter but the whole WordPress. Firstly: That is not editor. That is WordPress customiser. That is where you usually define logo in WordPress by default. Secondly: You don’t need to go back there to change logo. Everything is in customsier. From changing body color and typography to blog customisation. Every themes options are in one place and that’s it.

And lastly: You can still use Jupiter 6 for years. There will be updates for at least 2 years. So what are you worried about I am not sure.

Good luck.

Hi Rouz,

Thank you for your response.

“Your example actually shows that you are just not accustomed to not only new Jupiter but the whole WordPress” - Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

“That is where you usually define logo in WordPress by default.” - Hence why people buy themes with custom builders to avoid the crap WP provides out of the box…

“You don’t need to go back there to change logo. Everything is in customsier.” - Read point above again…
“Every themes options are in one place and that’s it.” - This is not the case. Is was before, now it is not…

I would like for you to show me all this “working” in once place as you say as I think it’s you who only uses the basic’s of wordpress hence why you never run into problems. Jupiter 6 has been ironed out over many years. Jupiter X well - there is a lot ask of still imo. My logo comment was just scratching the surface.

Regardless - we will agree to disagree.

• Removing the theme options tab in my opinion was a the biggest mistake.

Hi Jonathan,

My intention is to help ppl here so let’s just stick to the subject.
WordPress fall short when it comes to Frontend experience. Modern website builders such as Wix, squarespace and such have been using front end editing for years. So having theme options in front end is just a quite intuitive user experience. I don’t understand why it bothers you to preview changes while you are making them. (Why do we even need to argue the obvious?)

You literally build your websites using WYSIWYG editors in Jupiter X and I repeat this again every theme option is in front end so you don’t switch environments. Please enlighten me if there is hidden corner I’m not aware of.

You can deny the obvious but Jupiter X just like jupiter 6 is comprised of 3 sections. Theme options, control panel and elementor.
Theme options move to front end, elementor replaces WPbakery and control panel is pretty much the same.

Finally Jupiter 6 has been polished for years yes but Jupiter X imo is an upgrade built upon those experiences. There might be missing items and bugs but that’s how every good changes starts. Anyways if you still like Jupiter 6 better then fine you can keep using it as it is not getting retired anytime soon. Jupiter X is just an option to do much more easier than before.