Jupiter reverts to default settings after Wordpress auto update

I had this problem shortly after my client’s new website went live, suddenly the company logo disappeared and was replaced with the default Jupiter logo and the color scheme also reverted to the Jupiter default. Needless to say it was very embarrassing for myself and my client.

I contacted Artbees but they had no answers and said that it couldn’t happen. I guess they presumed that I had actually clicked the reset button in the Theme options panel.

Now today I noticed that there was an email saying that Wordpress had done an incremental auto update of the site. Then a few minutes later I noticed that the exact same thing had happened again, everything set back to the default Theme settings and all my text widgets were missing.

I am using a child theme setup so this should not theoretically happen.

To be honest I don’t think I will be using any Artbees themes any more, as this may have lost me a big client, this is just not acceptable, none of my other themes have ever done anything like this.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and if there is a fix.

Cheers
Richard

This is always happening to me! It’s super annoying, I have had to import my theme options maybe 10-12 times. I have lost count.

I even have a plugin to block Wordpress from auto-updating but it still seems to get through some how. It’s horrible because when you come to your website and see it a jumble of text and images all overlaid on each other.

Did you ever find a fix?

thanks