Fatal Error on Theme Activation

Just tried to activate Jupiter X on my HostGator server and got this Fatal Error:

Fatal error: Arrays are not allowed in class constants in /home3/slideart/public_html/jupiterx/wp-content/themes/jupiterx/lib/api/fonts/class.php on line 29

Advice please.

Paul

I did install and activation on a different hosting provider (SiteGround) and didn’t get any activation error.

Seems host related.

Paul

I got a different fatal error when I tried to activate the theme on SiteGround, but this was after migrating a site over to a staging site first. When I activated JX on a fresh install of WordPress on SiteGround, it seemed to install fine.

Could you please check which PHP version are you using on HostGator and SiteGround?

Was there ever a solution to this issue? I’m currently having the same thing happen with the class.php in the fonts directory.

Fatal error: Arrays are not allowed in class constants in /home2/v37hhuvt/biltmore.fortandframe.com/wp-content/themes/jupiterx/lib/api/fonts/class.php on line 38

Which PHP version and theme version are you using?

Hi, I got the same thing Fatal error: Arrays are not allowed in class constants in /home2/xxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiterx/lib/api/fonts/class.php on line 38

Any idea? I choose php 7.1 and then limit the memory to 256M

Can you kindly share the System report from Jupiter X -> Control Panel -> System Status here?

I cannot, i cannot go into wp-admin :slight_smile:

Please make sure such line does not exist on your .htaccess file:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php54 .php

It will force the PHP to be 5.4.

Thank you very much - it works well

Glad to hear that :slight_smile: