Cannot edit published pages with Elemtentor

I purchased Jupiter a while ago (2017?) and set up a development page. I created/edited some paged back then and everything seemed to work. During the last 12 month I didn’t had the time to work on a new page. Today I logged in, updated Wordpress and all plugins. I get everything to work except that I cannot edit already published pages. Everytime I try to edit pages with Elementor I get the same error:
“Sorry, the content area was not found in your page”.
When I toggle the page back to draft mode, I can edit the with Elementor just fine (until I publish it again).

FunFact: this doesn’t happen for the start page. I can edit the start page even when it’s published.

Any ideas?

I just did a complete fresh installation of Wordpress/JupiterX. I installed all the necessary plugins and most of the recommended plugins. Then I imported a template. Same problem. Whenever I try to edit a page with Elementor I get the same error:

“Sorry, the content area was not found in your page.
You must call ‘the_content’ function in the current template, in order for Elementor to work on this page”

I activated JupiterX, but haven’t changed any JupiterX, Elementor or Theme/Plugin setting. No custom content where added (just the stuff from the template installation).

JupiterX System status looks fine (PHP & WP memory limit set to 265MB)

Wordpress 5.2.3
JupiterX v1.10.0
Elementor v2.7.1

Also tried to deactivate all plugins but JupiterX Core, Elementor and ACF. Didn’t helped.
Also tried different browsers to rule out caching and/or javascript problems. Also didn’t helped

Seems like I found the reason for this problem: a configuration issue in our nginx.

The “$args” parameter was missing:

location / {
try_files $uri $uri/ index.php$args;
}